Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rusell Westbrook Should Get NBA R.O.Y.


Ok, when I first saw this kid, I was like,"Who is he" and "Leuzinger"(his high school)and when Darren Collison went out his soph year with an ankle injury at UCLA, Westbrook stepped up and played solid, kept them in the hunt and played a significant role in their Final 4 run. Then I was in the UCLA gym the summer before his 2nd and final year and saw he had dedicated himself and came in beasting, I told someone in the gym, he was the best player in the gym, minus KG and Emeka Okafor. Arron Afflalo guarded him one game that summer and Russell scored EVERY SINGLE POINT in that game to show he was the big dog. Boy did he show it, he had a highlight film season and Coach Howland let him go and Russell went from,"Russell Who" to "There He Go". He is now playing for the(WNBA name)Oklahoma City Thunder and having a breakout season teaming up with Kevin Durant and jeff Green. I know he is playing in relative obscurity in Oklahoma but he is going to be a SUPERSTAR in the NBA. Remember I said it first.

No comments: